Saturday, May 14, 2011

2011 update

After an extended hiatus on posts I am hoping to catch up again. Since October last year I have been travelling on work to Toronto. Once a month I have been home and have been looking forward to get my hands in the dirt! It won't be until June that I'll be home to put in more plants. However on a short trip this time I have been able to clean up my yard, mow the lawn, plant bulbs and have been glad to see the tulips blooming. This year I wasn't able to start anything from seed. Today I planted some nursery bought Cayenne Peppers and Zucchini. It might be a little early as temperatures are still cool but I am taking a chance.
The potatoes which I sowed a couple of weeks back are beginning to come up.


 The Red Russian Garlic bulbs which my wife planted last fall are growing. This time we switched the beds by planting them in the beds where Tomatoes were planted last year.


 Two weeks ago when I was home I threw in a few Pole Beans seeds in the beds and planted Cabbage and Broccoli seedlings.


No comments:

Post a Comment