Saturday, May 1, 2010

Curry Leaf plant

Herbs are an important ingredient in any dish. The curry leaf (Murraya Koenigii) plays an important role in East Indian cooking. Since my wife wanted to have a curry leaf plant at home I tried searching for it online. I was amazed to see some long discussions on it, especially here http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/seed/msg0715445929720.html. It was difficult to get a sapling in Canada but after a few searches it was possible to find one at flora exotica in Montreal. It is a couple of weeks that the plant arrived in good shape. It is doing well except for a little brown patch on a leaf. I suspect it is due to inadequate sunlight as the plant was indoors due to cold weather. It usually thrives in warm weather.The plant was transplanted in a bigger ceramic pot in well drained soil with a good amount of organic matter. I added few servings of organic fish fertilizer and it seems to be doing good as can be seen with growth of new leaves. However I'll keep my fingers crossed till warm weather picks up.




No comments:

Post a Comment