Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Transplants, Onions,...

It's almost two weeks since I updated this blog. My wife and I were busy painting our main floor and in between did some gardening work. We had installed a drip irrigation system in front of the house where we have the flower beds. Today we partially finished the drip irrigation system for the vegetable raised beds in the back yard. Although we were in the garden weeding, we transplanted eggplants and more tomatoes. We have been continuously harvesting lettuce and I sowed more in a planter box on the patio. The Red Onions which we planted along the fence is doing fairly well. There was a bush earlier in this place which we got rid of. The soil is not good enough for them but it was a gamble to grow them here. In the fall I plan to plant onions in the raised beds.


We transplanted the Eggplants in between the Garlic. Since we'll be able to harvest Garlic next month the Eggplants would have more room to grow. The Garlic Scapes are ready to be picked but I have figure out to use it in a dish. 






No comments:

Post a Comment