Saturday, July 17, 2010

More Tomato beds

It's been some time I updated this blog. Two weeks back I transplanted more tomato plants in the new raised beds beside the garden shed. Also I added a drip irrigation line to irrigate them with a soaker hose and covered with straw as mulch.  The varieties are Beefsteak and Sasha's pride. Today morning when I checked the bed I noticed more tomato saplings growing! This was from the compost which I added and this compost had tomato seeds from the kitchen waste which we throw it in the composter. There are seven tomato plants growing in the 20 gallon pails and I moved them near this bed today. I am still connecting the pipes to drip irrigate them and I am hoping to finish it tomorrow. This is to take care of them when we are gone on a two week holiday in the last week of July.


No comments:

Post a Comment